Hello Dunia!

In case you're wondering what's Jomicals, it's simply just Joanne + Chemicals. Lame I know, but what's Joanne without lameness? Anyway, this blog is for my Uni Chem 1 assignment. Feel free to leave a comment. I would appreciate it if you don't copy exactly what I wrote here. Nanti kena plagarism baru tau, then Ms Alice marah!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

That Cute Guy With The Awesome Hair.

Yeah, you read the title. Most of us girls are attracted to guys' hairstyle. Okay, maybe not all girls but I admit I am. I tend to go crazy over guys with awesome and cool hairstyle.

Okay, I don't know who this guy is. But I know he's a Korean (I think) and I love his hair. I googled him anyway, so don't come bash me up for not knowing his name (in case he's some big star) LOL. Okay la, he's not that bad looking either. :P

This guy has a pretty cool hairstyle too! Hmm, a little bit like Goku's hair. No?

What makes their hair so nice you would ask? Hair gel of course.
Hmm, this hair gel has an interesting packaging. At least it doesn't look like the typical hair gel packaging la.

Hair gel is a jelly-like hairstyling product that is used to make the hair stiffer so you can style whatever hairstyle that you like. Hair gels are defined as a substancially dilute crosslinked systems which exhibits no flow when the gel is in a steady state. Hair gels are mostly in liquid form but yet they behave like solids due to the three dimensional crosslinked network within the liquid. The crosslinks between the liquid gives the hair gel its structure or in another word, hardness and also its stickiness.

What makes the guys' hair stand up then? Well, hair gels have cationic polymers as one of the ingredients. These positively charged polymers that will cause the hair gel to stretch and thus, making it more viscous. With hair gel applied to a person's hair, one can style whatever hairstyles that they desire because the stretched-out polymers can take up more space than a coiled polymer and thus the flow of solvent molecules around it is resisted. When these positively charged polymers also binds with the negatively charged amino acids on the surface of the keratin molecules of the hair, more complicated and complex formulae exist such as a copolymer of vinylpyrrolidone, methacrylamide and N-vinylimidazole. Once the hair gel is applied on the hair, the water evaporates off, leaving only the positively charged polymers and other ingredients which plays the role of holding the hair up. As hair gel is water-soluble, it can be removed when the person washes his hair.

So yeah, this sums up what you need to know about hair gel. But I heard from a friend, hair gel is not really good. Will make you botak wor! But then again, I'm not sure about that okay! :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The guy on the top is Choi Siwon of the K-Pop band Super Junior~ He has to be the cutest one of the band. <3